This is not necessarily about religion, but this man is scary
By Alan Rainey - IR Letter to the Editor - 04/09/09
Recently, while having lunch in a local casino, I asked a large muscular bartender what he would do if we had another depression. He stated, “It won’t bother me at all. I’m bigger than everybody else.”
I’m sure he isn’t the only person around that would rob and murder to survive; especially if a depression were to occur. I’m also sure that we need the gun law enacted, that is presently making its way through our Legislature to protect ourselves from just this type of individual. Note the number of businesses and homes being burglarized. It’s only a matter of time before someone is murdered.
People, let’s contact our local legislators and urge them to support this legislation.
Alan Rainey
2830 Howard Road
Reader Comments:
Clancy Coot (me)
You took this bartender seriously? I think people like you are the dangerous people. You obviously look for and see danger everywhere. Its not like you live on the south side of Chicago.
mthawki09 wrote on Apr 9, 2009 8:48 AM:
" Okay on 2nd review, perhaps this man is FOR us having guns to protect ourselves, as I have researched the gun law he mentioned. So then my previous comment is now directed at those people that don't GET that we need to protect ourselves!! Obama sure ain't goin to do it fo us! "
mthawki09 wrote on Apr 9, 2009 8:37 AM:
" Are you completely DAFT?? How do you propose to "protect" YOURSELF when you have NO GUN, and this "large muscular bartender" breaks into your home knowing that A) you have NO GUN, and B) you are SMALLER than him???? Gun laws will not protect YOU, they will protect the CRIMINALS! Wake up America! "
By Alan Rainey - IR Letter to the Editor - 04/09/09
Recently, while having lunch in a local casino, I asked a large muscular bartender what he would do if we had another depression. He stated, “It won’t bother me at all. I’m bigger than everybody else.”
I’m sure he isn’t the only person around that would rob and murder to survive; especially if a depression were to occur. I’m also sure that we need the gun law enacted, that is presently making its way through our Legislature to protect ourselves from just this type of individual. Note the number of businesses and homes being burglarized. It’s only a matter of time before someone is murdered.
People, let’s contact our local legislators and urge them to support this legislation.
Alan Rainey
2830 Howard Road
Reader Comments:
Clancy Coot (me)
You took this bartender seriously? I think people like you are the dangerous people. You obviously look for and see danger everywhere. Its not like you live on the south side of Chicago.
mthawki09 wrote on Apr 9, 2009 8:48 AM:
" Okay on 2nd review, perhaps this man is FOR us having guns to protect ourselves, as I have researched the gun law he mentioned. So then my previous comment is now directed at those people that don't GET that we need to protect ourselves!! Obama sure ain't goin to do it fo us! "
mthawki09 wrote on Apr 9, 2009 8:37 AM:
" Are you completely DAFT?? How do you propose to "protect" YOURSELF when you have NO GUN, and this "large muscular bartender" breaks into your home knowing that A) you have NO GUN, and B) you are SMALLER than him???? Gun laws will not protect YOU, they will protect the CRIMINALS! Wake up America! "

2 comments:
Working at a community newspaper, I quickly learned that the right-wing nuts usually included "Wake Up America!" somewhere in their letters.
Very true, glad to hear from you. Its been a long time.
Lori
Post a Comment