Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Jun 26, 2010

Guest Speakers & God

I went to a business conference for women and was irritated over the amount of woo. Why, why do people insist in flaunting their life style choice. I just wanted to raise my hand and say, "that's nice, but I would like to know more about the topic and not hear about your religious moral superiority over the rest of us. Because, in a sense it is implied their success couldn't have come about without God. It was God this and God that, if I wanted to hear about God, I would have gone to church. Don't they realize that at least 1 of 10 people at the conference are not religious and therefore, of lets say 100 women, 10 to (20 if of a different religion) did not appreciate the speaker(s) that pontificated at the conference.

This is my first all female conference (I am more comfortable around men), so I don't know if this is normal or not, and I won't know until I go to another one next year. The worst part of the day and a half conference was having to sit and listen to this type of "inspirational" speaking for an hour and a half several times, I really didn't learn anything new. Both speakers just talked about themselves, and it was incredibly boring (and I’m not easily bored) and made me mad. One speaker became a success off the coat tails of her family and the other woman gave her story of how she moved from one job to another and the only thing I learned from her is she went to college and was offered good jobs as she went along. Both made millions for their companies.

So, lesson learned? as usual it’s not what you know it’s who you know AND you have to have money to make money. I already knew that.

I am a worker bee and I think I am growing to accept it and actually appreciate my life as it is more and more every day. I don't really want that promotion do I?

No comments: