The worst part of his illness is, it appears self inflicted. Now we will loose this treasure a decade or so earlier than necessary. That is so sad.
The doctors try and try to warn us of the dangers of drinking and smoking, and I do see more and more people are trying to quit and the death rates have been slowly dropping, but it maybe too late for some who took the gamble and ignored the warnings for 20 or more years.
I would think us nonbelievers would take better care of ourselves, but alas it seems quite a few "party" like there is no tomorrow. If you have not read his book "God is not Great" you should, it is a must read.

2 comments:
I was going to see him at Powell's Books here in Portland, but the day before his book reading it was cancelled, then found out a few days later about his cancer. Unfortunate.
Very sad news. Let's hope that he pulls through. I always read and enjoy his articles in Vanity Fair.
Post a Comment