
Montana House Rep. More rose to speak on the bill, and began by saying a Judiciary Committee hearing that morning on a bill to define a person as beginning at human conception had been “cut short” by the call to begin House debate on HB645.Committee members had been discussing issues of God and conception, yet then were called to the House “to the sound of money falling from the skies, for all of us to roll over in and lap up,”
More said. “I have to ask, what of this question of God? What God do we serve? Is this all pretense? (YES) The pledge of allegiance, the invocation, every time we come to the (House) floor?” (YES!)
At that point, Rep. Dennis Himmelberger, R-Billings, who was chairing the debate on HB645, told More to make sure he stuck to the subject of the bill.“I am indeed,” More said. “If you can’t grasp that, Mr. Chairman, I-”“Representative More, you are out of order,” Himmelberger said curtly, as several other House members shouted out their displeasure with More’s behavior. As More tried to apologize and continue, Himmelberger twice told him to “be seated.”
Rep. Ron Stoker, R-Darby, who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, then stood up to say the human conception bill had a full hearing before the committee, and that it hadn’t been cut short.
More said. “I have to ask, what of this question of God? What God do we serve? Is this all pretense? (YES) The pledge of allegiance, the invocation, every time we come to the (House) floor?” (YES!)
At that point, Rep. Dennis Himmelberger, R-Billings, who was chairing the debate on HB645, told More to make sure he stuck to the subject of the bill.“I am indeed,” More said. “If you can’t grasp that, Mr. Chairman, I-”“Representative More, you are out of order,” Himmelberger said curtly, as several other House members shouted out their displeasure with More’s behavior. As More tried to apologize and continue, Himmelberger twice told him to “be seated.”
Rep. Ron Stoker, R-Darby, who chairs the House Judiciary Committee, then stood up to say the human conception bill had a full hearing before the committee, and that it hadn’t been cut short.

No comments:
Post a Comment