Pagan ChristmasRegarding the controversy over ads saying “Happy Holidays” rather than “Merry Christmas,” Laughing Water is correct in pointing out that Christmas is a renamed pagan festival that had nothing to do with the birth of Christ, which, I add, was never celebrated by His disciples or apostles. It never entered their minds to institute or teach any such a thing. You will not find birthday celebrations in the Bible, except being held by those without faith, such as Herod.Those who call themselves Christians should have nothing whatsoever to do with Christmas and the Name of Christ being polluted by pagan feasts, now allegedly kosher because mixed with another pagan ritual, the “mass.”Surely anyone calling him or herself by the Name of Christ should not expect the world, which does not know Christ, to give him or her “merry” greetings in His Name. What confusion! “Christian,” you should be living as Christ, a light to the world, and not following in its ways, outdoing it in self-importance and self-indulgence. The tragedy is not that Christ is not in Christmas, but that you are not in Christ!
Paul Cohen413 ½ N. Beattie Street
Wow, This guy wants to cancel Christmas and he is claiming he is a true Christian. Of course again, we know Catholics borrowed/stole the Pagan celebrations, they are not true Christians according to fellows like Paul.
Once way back, Paul called my home and left a message on my answering machine. He was calling in response to a letter to the editor I wrote about Hell. He did not call back, but I can safely assume he did not agree with what I had written. He is as Fundy as they get. I wonder which church he worships.

No comments:
Post a Comment