Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Dec 31, 2006

Not a dinosaur

I am responding to a letter published in the Friday edition of the Helena IR written by Mr. Albert Wareham. Mr. Wareham claims that the carcass of a plesiosaur was found in 1977. The incident to which he is referring happened aboard the Zuiyo Maru and was indeed photographed and chronicled by the crew. Although the carcass was dumped, samples were collected and analyzed.However, the common concensus among scientists is that the carcass was that of a decomposed basking shark and not a plesiosaur. The closest thing to a “living dinosaur” being found was the discovery of the coelacanth, a fish long thought to be extinct. I for one, believe that it is naive to think that there are not species out there that have never been found, however, there has never been any concrete proof of a “living dinosaur.”
Jaysin Arthurs814 Cole

Thanks Jaysin
I am so tired of Christians writing in and spreading these myths. Its so frustrating to have too keep pointing out thier flaws and misinformation. I know the people who spread these lies are not swayed, but the general public needs to know the "facts" I do think most people know better, but its sad so many don't

No comments: