I am back
I wrote most of this post last October in 2015 but did not publish it, now its November 2016 with more setbacks for our country, our state, me personally and professionally, it is time to resume blogging. Christian fundamentalism has made a comeback and we need to speak out against it whenever and however we can.
For my mental health I need to come here to share my feelings. I am over whelmed with the question of what to do with myself. I am in a rut and can't get out of it. I am now a middle aged woman, and an Empty Nester since sending my youngest off to college and didn't get the job I hoped for over the last seven years.
For some silly reason I thought if I kept my head down, stop speaking up online, and work hard I would move up. Not so, this is the third time I have been shut down and put in my place. I will no longer be quiet. Due to my frustration with hitting the glass ceiling hard so many times, I took it out on someone who I felt I could no longer keep the peace with. I finally confronted him, and called him out for his attitude towards me. In-law relationships are tricky anyway, but after 20 years and my kids being grown up, he felt is was OK to approach my kids and tell them Jesus died for them and that their mom was on the wrong path. I would not have been so upset if he has just gave my kids the usual "good news", but of course being a good Christian he was compelled to save his grand kids from burning in hell forever and he trash talked about me to do it.
Anyway that was last fall, and lucky for me it did not damage my relationship with my family, it was good to clear the air and now that things have settled down, I can focus more on what really matters. Ive had to accept my lot in life and will no longer strive for more within state government and just do what I need to do to retire in about thirteen years. Meanwhile I will do my best to give heck to Fundys online.
p.s. check out the Central Montana Secular Society Facebook page and the Helena Secular Society on Meetup. We need each other more than ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment