Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Jul 25, 2009

The Mojave Cross


http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/mojave.asp
I love Snopes, but
I read the snopes article about the law suit over the Mojave cross. It was a very good one, trying to stay neutral until the very last sentence.

In the lawsuit the ACLU they properly state that the cross violates the establishment clause. Its specifically a Christian symbol and does not apply to all those whom it ostensibly represents (war memorial) Being a war veteran myself, I agree. Not all veterans are Christian and I will be pissed if they put a cross over me when I die. My husband should know better. (what if I die in a car crash will the Legion put a cross where I bit it whether or not I want it?)

Of course this is very controversial and very unpopular. It takes a lot of courage to stand up to the Christian majority. Who it seems will do anything to win. What about the native Americans in the area, they should also be offended.

In the last sentence of the Snopes article it says "It will be up to Obama administration lawyers to defend the Interior Department's right to maintain the cross".

The department's right?! That is the whole point of the lawsuit. The Government is not supposed to have it on public land in the first place. They don't have the right to maintain a religious monument for America's war hero's.

It drives me crazy, I don't care if the Christians have their own crosses, or whatever else on their private land, but they insist on being un-american and ignore the 1st amendments protection of their very own beliefs. The battle continues everywhere because its popular for politicians and the clergy to look good by standing up to us godless people whether its right or wrong. It does not matter to them, it means an angry flock and votes.

No comments: