Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Apr 22, 2008

Master gunny and I

Master gunny wrote on Apr 22, 2008 2:38 PM:
“By using the Iwo Jima flag raising photo to promote the cause of global warming, Time magazine has committed sacrilege and, dishonored the memory of the thousands of Marines who sacrificed their lives for this hallowed ground. Some companies will do anything to sell their agenda!. "

My reponse (online Helena IR)
mastergunnery,

How is this sacrilege? Consecrated by whom? Is this statue holy?

I too am a veteran and even though the Time magazine picture may have been in bad taste and obviously offensive to some conservative vets like you, I do not think it was meant to dishonor anyone.
Go Navy!

1 comment:

David Amulet said...

it's no more dishonorable than someone I don't like wearing a flag pin. It's barely a blip on the radar of "offensive," in my opinion.