Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Mar 18, 2010

The 1,000 Buddhas in Arlee

MISSOULA (AP) — The Dalai Lama has accepted an invitation to come to Montana to consecrate the Garden of 1,000 Buddhas in Arlee.


Officials with Ewam Montana say the Dalai Lama is expected to come to the state next year. Details of the visit will be announced at a news conference Friday in Missoula.

The Dalai Lama is both the head of state and spiritual leader of the Tibetan people.
I hafta check this out. My sister has vistited this place and my friend Justin is a Secular Buddist. I tried it out myself for a short time, but it is not for your average American. Takes way too much time and concentration. That is why Buddism is not taking over the USA. Going to church once a week on Sunday is WAY so much easier.
 
I have relatives in Arlee and my parents are close by in St. Ignatius. I plan to be there.

No comments: