
Running away, toward and from a tornado is fun, but sitting in the bathtub or the basement waiting for one to run over you is not. Been there done that.
It seems in Nebraska, if one runs over you and you survive, it's by God's Grace.
I have never been killed by one, so by that logic, God is watching over me. NOT
I always feel sorry for those killed by a tornado, God ignored thier prayers or didn't care. You don't hear people saying they must have deserved it, or else God would have saved them. But that would be cruel. Couldn't God come up with a better way of killing people if he had a 'better plan for them' in heaven.
Its amazing how primitive we still are as a species.
Not everything happens for a reason. It just happens. Wrong place at the wrong time.
It seems in Nebraska, if one runs over you and you survive, it's by God's Grace.
I have never been killed by one, so by that logic, God is watching over me. NOT
I always feel sorry for those killed by a tornado, God ignored thier prayers or didn't care. You don't hear people saying they must have deserved it, or else God would have saved them. But that would be cruel. Couldn't God come up with a better way of killing people if he had a 'better plan for them' in heaven.
Its amazing how primitive we still are as a species.
Not everything happens for a reason. It just happens. Wrong place at the wrong time.

2 comments:
BSH--
I had an interesting conversation this weekend with my wife. I asked her what she would want in a husband for our daughter, who's 21 this summer, and will be a college senior. It was just an off-hand question, casual conversation, as my daughter has no plans to marry at the moment. But my wife's reply: "I hope she marries an athiest" was unexpected. I guess it's her hope that our daughter live a life free of the patriarchy she experienced growing up, and that she sees her sisters suffering under today. I guess she'd be happiest to see our daughter as a free female in love. It was an interesting response--and a good one, just not the first one I would have thought of.
We can only hope for the best for your daughter, its not easy finding a partner who is a freethinker, if she is lucky she will find someone like my Catholic husband who loves me despite my being an outspoken atheist.
Post a Comment