Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Nov 20, 2008

Be Gods License Plate

A Wayne County woman is moving forward with a lawsuit against the Bureau of Motor Vehicles even though the agency reversed a decision that disallowed the renewal of a license plate that reads "BE GODS."

Liz Ferris said what started as a personal belief is now about her constitutional rights, 6News' Sarah Cornell reported.

"I associate it with the Bible verse Romans 14:7, 8," Ferris said. "No one belongs to himself. If we live, we live onto the Lord. If we die, we die unto the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."


When I first saw the words "Be Gods" I first thought she meant we should Be Gods. without an ('s) its hard to tell what she is trying to say.

I am torn over personalized plates, I had the navy veteran plate once, but opted with a regular plate when I last registered my car. Its amusing to drive up behind someone and try and figure out what it says, most are very cryptic. I wonder how much time is wasted by state employees processing these orders for plates? Maybe they need to raise the rates to make money or get rid of them.
At least with the veterans plates, part of the cost goes to the veterans burial fund. The number of plates now for non-profits is growing, I hope that continues. I don't have one now, because, silly me, none match the color of my car and I don't like the new veterans plates, you can't tell which branch you served unless you bend over behind the car and take a closer look. I hope they change it back to the large obvious anchor for the Navy.

The best thing Montana has done with car registrations, is now my husband and I will have all but one of our vehicles permanently registered. All but my Outback are over 11 years old. Good thing because my hubby has 2 Chevelles, 2 Chevettes, a Chevy 4X4 3/4 ton truck, an old beat up snowmobile and a broke down ATV. He may have more vehicles but they are probably stashed at a friends place without my knowledge.

Boys and their Toys!!! Luckily we don't have to register the 3 tractors he also picked up over the last 5 years. At least I don't think we have to register those. OH, and I forgot the 2 old trashed out pick up trucks he is sitting on. One has a for sale sign on it and the other he is tearing apart for the big block engine, to add to his collection of other big block engines he already has, transmissions, rear ends,.....I keep telling him he needs to buy crappy land and open a junk yard. Oh and I forgot we have a large car trailer and smaller one we register. He also has begun a new collection, old tractor implements. "Yard Art" he calls it.

Wow, I went off on a tangent didn't I. ....And the 1960's camper trailer parked up in Lincoln....

I wonder if he has all his guns registered?

1 comment:

Mikayla Starstuff said...

This time I have to side with the Christian. What is put on a vanity plate is a matter of personal expression. As long as it contains no profanity or hateful language, it should be allowed.