Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Sep 23, 2008

A missing line per Bob

By Bob Cypers, 6635 Sleeping Giant View - 09/23/08
Ms. Marshall had it right, she just left off one line.“Public libraries shouldn’t be used as political tools to advance liberal social agendas.” The next line should read “or the religious far-right agendas.” If you chose to remove a book because you don’t agree with it on religious or political beliefs, then let’s remove any book that pertains to religion. The Bible must go! I don’t think there is a place in our libraries to promote religion.If you don’t want your children to read “The Joy of Sex,” then don’t let them. And they’re not going to experiment with anything else; after all, all of our kids are perfect.It’s called freedom to read what we want; get over it or remove Moby Dick because it shines a bad light on a cripple. FREEDOM!


I completely agree with Bob

1 comment:

David Amulet said...

I have no problem with the bible (I don't like capitalizing it) being in libraries.

As long as it's in the literature section.