I have been listening to various free thought pod casts and during one there was discussion about legalizing pot. I am against it.
Not because I think it’s a "sin" but to put it on the market is as bad as what has happened with alcohol and cigarettes. If you look back not too far in the past, one couldn't walk into a convenience store and buy a case of beer and a carton of cigarettes. It’s too easy now a days to get large amounts of what’s bad for you. And some people think that’s what we should do with pot?!
I think not. I have another idea.
Legalize pot, but allow no one to mass produce and sell it!
Grow it yourself for personal use only. This should also include alcohol and tobacco. Make your own beer and wine. Then people would tend not to drink or smoke so much if it’s not so convenient. It’s how it used to be. I had a friend who made his own beer and it was very good.
These Vices have become big business and the corporations do not care if cheap beer and cigarettes is killing people.
Radical?Considering how many people are being arrested for DUIs and how many people are being killed by drunk drivers, the medical risks for smokers. What else can be done?
It’s only an idea.
Of course the best thing to do is not to use any of these products. But, even Christ drank wine.

No comments:
Post a Comment