Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Apr 19, 2007

Evel Knievel found God

Evel Knievel baptized during "Hour of Power" service
BUTTE, Mont. - Former motorcycle daredevil Evel Knievel recently took a leap of faith.Knievel, 68, was baptized during the Rev. Robert H. Schuller's "Hour of Power" service at the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, Calif.Knievel spoke for about 20 minutes to more than 4,000 people who gathered inside the Crystal Cathedral for services on April 1, telling them how he'd been a sinner all his life and now things had changed.Schuller said Knievel had called him a couple of weeks earlier, telling him, "Dr. Schuller, I've accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."Schuller, 80, said he had long admired Knievel for his "possibility thinking" in attempting motorcycle jumps that seemed impossible, but he had kept his distance because Knievel's private life was "so unashamedly non-Christian and nonreligious."He had had prostitutes," Schuller told The Montana Standard. "He'd committed adultery. I couldn't praise him for his possibility thinking, for which I admired him as much as anybody, as long as I knew he was walking in that kind of camp."

I guess he is going to need to change his name

No comments: