Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Jan 26, 2007

Apostle Paul and Women

  • FORT WORTH, Texas - A theology professor at a prominent Southern Baptist seminary said officials told her to leave because women are biblically forbidden from teaching men.

    Southern Baptist leaders agree that the role of pastor is reserved for men, based on a verse in 1st Timothy in which the Apostle Paul says, "I permit no woman to teach or have authority over a man." The 2000 Baptist Faith and Message prohibits women from serving as pastors.

Why Why Why do modern women put up with this!

1 comment:

Patia said...

The first time I made an effort to read the bible as an adult, I looked up "woman" in the index and discovered that verse. I was so offended by it and a few others that I put down the book and never picked it up again.