Community Blessing of Animals set for Oct. 1
By The Helena IR - 09/29/06
The Episcopal Church of the Nativity in Helena will hold a Community Blessing of Animals on Sunday, Oct. 1, at 4 p.m.The service will be held at the future home of Church of the Nativity at the top of Lola Street, south of Highway 12 East. The public is welcome to bring pets of any size to the blessing.The Blessing of the Animals is being held in honor of St. Francis of Assisi, known as a loving friend of all God’s creatures and creation.A design phase for the new Church of the Nativity building and surrounding land has been completed and the fundraising for the building has begun. Church members say they hope to break ground during the summer of 2007. In the meantime, services are being held every Sunday morning at 9 a.m. at the Elks Club.
I find this article beyond comprehension.
I guess I really don't understand the concept of Blessings. I will need to do some research on this.

1 comment:
Bless all god's creatures before they go home and eat a chicken dinner?
Post a Comment