Quote of the Day

Call on God, but row away from the rocks
Hunter S. Thompson

Jul 6, 2005

Julia Sweeney, Humanist Humorist

This Driveway Moment was suggested by...
Joyce, who listens to KQED in Northern California.
"This [story], in particular Julia Sweeney's "Letting Go of God," stopped my entire family. I was catching a show I'd missed on the computer while preparing dinner, and as the rest of the family came in, each one became involved with the show. We couldn't turn it off while we ate. Even when dinner was finished, all of us just sat around the table without moving, listening to Julia Sweeney's compelling tale. Even my 16-year-old son was captivated!"

When I went to a Humanist convention in Arizona last summer, Julie Sweeney was a guest speaker. This is a recording of her one woman show found on PBS. Check it out. It's great.
http://www.npr.org/programs/specials/driveway/ or go straight to the source.
http://juliasweeney.com/welcome.asp

No comments: