A Letter to the Editor by someone in the Helena, Montana area
This is support?I read, with some interest, the article regarding a group of Christians from Kansas who are coming to Helena to protest against various community churches and their "support" of homosexuals. As a gay man living in this community for the past 30 years I was perplexed to learn that indeed there was so much support for my lifestyle by the various religious institutions singled out by the "Reverend" Fred Phelps. I didn't realize, for example, that the Catholic Church was so supportive of me. But if you read between the lines of what Monsignor Kevin O'Neill stated: "…(the Catholic Church) does not discriminate against the sexual orientation of the individual" I think everyone knows what that means. Frankly, I'm glad that there is a hate-filled group coming to this town to protest my life. I would much rather deal with a group like this, that I know where they are coming from, than with an organization like the Catholic Church that subverts its message and meaning with hidden agendas and rhetorical dogma.Robert B

No comments:
Post a Comment